BookMyEssay is one of the most authentic destinations for “Solid Mechanics assignment help“. The expert writers associate with BME for providing solid mechanics assignment help are academically qualified people with years of experience in handling papers and problems on this field.
What is Solid Mechanics?
Solid mechanics is the detail study of the change, modification, and motion of solid materials under the action of different forces. It is one of the important and fundamental stream of applied engineering, in that sense, it is useful in describing, explaining and predicting many of the physical incidents happening in this world.
Solid mechanics is a vast subject. One of the prime reasons for its vastness is the wide variety of materials which falls under its domain, like steel, wood, foam, plastic, foodstuffs, textiles, concrete, biological materials, and many more. Another reason is the wide range of applications of these materials. With the advancement of science, engineering and technology, the importance of this materials are also increasing simultaneously, i.e. the application of these materials are increasing side by side. So, the importance of solid mechanics is increasing in parallel.
The basic concept of Solid Mechanics starts with the discussion and scientific analysis of rigid body. A rigid body is an ideal material in which the distance between any two particles never changes.
The mechanics of rigid body is typically subdivided into two parts –
Moreover, these writers are highly reliable because –
Some Important Definitions:
Here are some important definitions that are frequently used in solid mechanics –
1. Stress – A body undergoes deformation when an external force acts on it, but at the same time, the body also tries to resist that deformation. The magnitude of the resisting force is mathematically equal to the force applied on the body. This resisting force produced by the body per unit area is called stress. So, the mathematical formula for stress can be enumerated as, Stress = Force/Area.
2. Strain – A change in the dimension of the body takes place, when the body is subjected to an external force. This is called the strain on the body. Numerically, the strain is equal to the ratio of change in length to the original length of the body. So, Strain = Change in length of the body/Original length of the body or e = δL/L, where e = strain and L = length of the body.
3. Hooke’s Law – The law states that when a material is loaded, the stress is always directly proportional to the strain.
i.e. Stress ∝ Strain
σ ∝ e
or, σ = Ee
or, E = σ/e unit is N/mm2
E – Young’s modulus
σ – Stress
e – Strain
4. Poisson’s Ratio – It states that when a body is stressed, within its elastic limit, the ratio of lateral strain to the longitudinal strain is always constant for a given material.
5. Strain Energy – In the strained condition, some amount of energy so produced get absorbed in the body. The energy so absorbed is known as strain energy.
6. Principal of Super Position – According to this principal, the resultant distortion in the shape of the body is equal to the algebraic sum of the deformation of each part of the body.
Some Other Topics Included in Solid Mechanics:
Following are the other related topics of solid mechanics –
Assignments on solid mechanics are quite challenging ones. Students are given the situation and problem. Depending upon the situation and the major issues, different theories, calculations and tools may be needed. But, due to lack of in-depth knowledge on the subject matter, writing on Solid mechanics assignment may seem problematic for many students. Besides, related technical issues, like lack of time and lack of writing skill may also create problem.
These all issues are solved, and quality assignment is written, once a student contacts BookMyEssay. The highly skilled writers and similarly efficient BME assignment writing service help a student to submit his/her assignment right in time. Moreover, the help-desk is available 24/7, i.e. students from any part of the world can contact us to get in touch with an expert writer, who can provide all sorts of support to keep a student absolutely de-stressed.